Free Environment / Natural Resources training courses online
Free Environment / Natural Resources training courses online
The increasing, worldwide effects of global warming have placed environmental awareness in the spotlight. Education on the environment and natural resources has become invaluable. Whether you are a professional or a citizen willing to make a difference, some of the top universities offer free Environment and Natural Resources courses to get you started.
While most courses are available on iTunes, some colleges make downloadable study material and videos available on their websites.
1. Working with our environment: An introduction: In this free course, students will learn about the causes of global warming. It explores how human beings, technology and industrial processes have gradually led to this global catastrophe. Learners will also be taught how these catalysts can be used to lessen and even reverse the effects of global warming. – iTunes
- 2. Climate change: Open University offers an informative course that teaches learners about the process of global warming. This course is for learners who would like to gain in-depth knowledge of this phenomenon and how it affects the climate. – iTunes
- 3. Why sustainable energy matters: With natural resources being depleted, it is crucial to develop new sources of energy in order for society to keep functioning. In this audio course, students will learn why sustainable energy remains a hot item on the international agenda. – iTunes
- 4. Energy, environment and society: This dynamic course by MIT’s Professor Tester, is a combination of course and initiative. Learners are educated on current energy systems and how they affect the environment. In addition, students are also given the opportunity to explore new energy systems in a unique hands-on approach. Students get to design unique systems under the supervision of the university’s instructors. – download materials
5. Theoretical environmental analysis: If students are interested in a more geological approach to the environment, Professor Daniel Rothman leads an interesting course on how different natural processes interact to form our environment. This course is provided by MIT and students are free to download course materials. – Download materials
1. Environment: Education for sustainable living: People can do a lot to help the environment and slow down the effects of global warming. In this UCLA lecture series, learners are taught the principles of sustainable living and receive knowledge that they can share with their communities to make a difference. – Video lectures
2. Water in the balance: the human fingerprint on global freshwater, availability as seen from space: This fascinating course by Jay Famiglietti allows students to gain a unique perspective on how our most treasured natural resource is being misused. Learners will learn how common water practices and purification processes are making water a rare commodity. This course offers a unique take on a natural resource most take for granted and what human beings should do to preserve it.- Video lectures
10. Earth’s Physical Resources: fossil fuels: This free Open University course discusses one of the most important and controversial natural resources in the world: oil. Burning fossil fuels has a detrimental effect on the environment, and renewable energy in an emerging necessity. Learners will study the connection between fossil fuels and renewable energy and explore solutions that could save the environment. – iTunes
11. Energy resources: Wind Energy: The advent of new technology has overshadowed wind, yet it still remains one of the most powerful natural resources of all time. This course educates students on how to harness the power of the wind and how it can be used as a source of energy. It is offered for free by the Open University. – iTunes
12. Natural resource conservation and policy: Natural resources need to be protected and managed well especially in a time of environmental crisis. This course, directed by Dr. Susan Todd, will teach learners the fundamentals of natural resource conservation. It focuses on the management of forestry, fisheries and agriculture. – iTunes
13. Nebraska Water Centre course and research: The University of Nebraska offers a detailed course, research and training into the conservation of water. Students can expect to learn about freshwater valuation, hydro informatics, causes of drought and how to manage the risk of contamination. – iTunes
14. Soil and Crop Science: The Texas A&M University is giving students the opportunity to learn about the nature of soil, conserving the fertility of soil in a changing climate and applying scientific principles in order to produce crops to feed the nation. Land is an important natural resource and knowledge on how to care for it is essential to humanity’s survival. – iTunes
15. Environmental Science in the field: This course, hosted by the Open University, offers students a practical learning experience. It is an on-site course where learners are instructed to interact with the natural environment. Students are required to apply principles from different disciplines, such as physics, chemistry, biology and mathematics. Once the outdoor exercises are completed, the course relocates to the laboratories, where students compile and learn from the results of their experiments. – iTunes
16. Nature matters: caring and accountability: This course explores the perspective and attitudes of human beings towards the environment. Modules include environmental economics, public participation, ecological restoration and green consumerism. – iTunes
17. Health and Environment: Changes in the natural environment, caused by global warming and climate change, have a significant impact on the health of human beings. This free course from the Open University introduces learners to the interaction between human health and the environment in which they live. – iTunes
Interesting Facts About Environmental and Natural Environmental Courses
Environmental employ squads do the work necessary during the cleanliness. Certain environmental workers, comprising special effects workers including explosives, necessitate the services of a qualified operator, and this also influences the pay. Workers receive pay for all production jobs on a union set based on strict observance of the trade union salary schedule. The environmental managers, for example, earned $4,194 weekly for work in the office and $5,872 in the field in 2012. Production assistants always work to gain knowledge or between $50 and $250 daily on environmental cleanliness maintenance.
Calamity Management Support team
Getting a job with calamity management support team obliges membership in a union for professional health work. The authorized union treaty published yearly has the minimum pay scales, nonetheless renowned, preferred staffing are allowed to discuss on higher pay. The Bureau of Labor Statistics in May 2011 allowed environmental health industry calamity and management support team members an annual mean wage of $71,380.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics in May 2011 assessed the annual mean salary for environmental operators working at regional level a salary of $58,110.
Craft and labor union wage timetables classically list the prerequisite minimum wage for employees based on a weekly basis. For specialty staffs used for short span, comprising the health Crew professionals, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported in May 2011 allows the specialists to take home a mean annual wage of $73,470.
Environmental workers operating in hospitals are responsible for keeping the self-sustaining ecosystem. In May 2011, the Bureau of Labor Statistics assessed the special stuff workload and allowed a mean annual salary of $60,830.